Wednesday 18 July 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's been ages since I did a WIP wednesday - there's so much going on that I usually forget to post on the right day - but I got away from classes a little earlier today so thought I'd jump in quickly before going off to make dinner (laksa with chicken and prawns) - and before the evening classes start.

So, I had a finish, which I blogged about here and here's some close ups of the quilting...

intent was to do lovely tight spirals, but like my body, they got a little loose!
a little 3D action
looks like a ribbon

I put the 1st border on this one - and I think I'm christening it 'Ice Age' after a lovely comment...


According to my 'To Do' list there's at least 432 more things to be done and I will eventually (maybe) get to them.....

This next week I have 5 client quilts to quilt on the longarm, so best get into that, as well as starting a quilt I want to make up into a kit.....oh, and the do.good stitches blocks need to be made.....and I must finish the remaining blocks of the Farmers Wife........and.........bugger!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the close ups of the quilting. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting! Just stunning!

    With 432 (give or take) projects still to go... I think it's safe to say you'll be busy for a little while! Look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the circles. Ice Age is a great name and my favorite movie (cartoon category) I think it' s so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is beautiful, I love that white on red! The circle quilt is seriously impressive! Good luck on your 432 projects...sewing to-do lists never seem to get any smaller! Thank you for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go and look up what Laksa was--I'm always learning something new on your blog (give us the recipe?). Fabulous quilting, just so cool to see all the difference that varied stitches can make. And when I read your list of things to do. . .well, now I need to go and take a nap!

    And PS, love those reds!

    Elizabeth E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I’d read this last night you would have been setting an extra place for dinner. I love laksa.

    Ice Age is gorgeous. And I love the name. It’s going to be a beauty.

    Only 432 things on your” to do “list? Im sure you can knock those off before Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting out of class early, now get to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hand stitches really add a lot to those spots. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Busy busy. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mixture of hand and machine quilting.

    I think there are a few of us with 432 things on the To Do list! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!