Monday 25 June 2012

Stupendous Sunday

Today was one of those truly wonderful days that happen, unfortunately, all too seldom......let me explain.....

My bestest friend and I decided to go to Treehouse Textiles to attend their open day - we'd been meaning to go forever and not quite got round to it....but we did today. 

For those in Oz, and more specifically in Victoria, if you get a chance, drive on down the Peninsula and visit Emma and Sarah at Treehouse Textiles in Merricks North -  even though it was a cold and greyish day (the sun did make an appearance for a second or two), we had the warmest of welcomes, handed a coffee and a cookie (or a piece of slice - mmmm) and taken on a tour around the place. 

The studio overlooks a lake and it is set in beautiful bushland - perfect for that sewing retreat or to learn new skills.  Emma and Sarah have a sensational range of fabric - not so many that it's overwhelming but certainly enough to get those creative juices flowing

Cathy of Cabbage Quilts showed up (Cathy teaches at Treehouse Textiles) and it was lovely to catch up - we're having our inaugural 'Mornington Stitchers Group' meeting tomorrow night at Cathy's house so I had the opportunity to introduce my bff who will also join us.

After purchasing some gorgeous fabric from Emma (because I don't have enough!!), my bff and I headed to my house for some sewing.

We were well ensconced when we had a phone call from my bff's partner, Sparky,  - he's been cooking and can he bring dinner round for us all? - hmm, let me think about that - hell, yes!!  So dinner is sorted (fresh pasta, a yummo meat sauce and homemade bread - followed by cheesecake....yum) without me doing anything at all! 

My eldest son phoned, he and his lovely fiance are coming over to say hello, no problem, see you soon, and my bff said for them to stay for dinner, there's heaps.  In the meantime, Sparky had been speaking to my youngest son and he and his partner were coming for dinner too!

How funny - dinner at my house, I didn't actually invite anybody specifically, but I spent the day pursuing things I love to do (spending time with my bff, sewing and buying fabric), spending time with my gorgeous family, and I didn't have to make dinner - it SO works for me!!!

......and I got my do.good stitches quilt finished - another one off the list :)



Excellent all round really..

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day indeed. I dream of someone cooking dinner for me in my own house and being able to share it with those I love. Love the quilt. The longer you look at it the more patterns you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a good time ...one to remember x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in your quilt. What a great day - seems like you have just the right kind of friends:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love the quilt, what a great effect the pattern has. Sounds like you have had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love it when no plan at all comes together :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS an excellent day. What a sweetie to organise and cater for a dinner party at your place.
    Live the quilt too. Simple yet effective

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day. I love it when days just happen like that. The quilt is gorgeous,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looove your quilt!! Congratulations on the finish.

    Sounds like you did have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your day went from great to even greater!! So lovely to meet up with you and your bff! Love your flying geese quilt, fabulous colours. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great day and our quilt looks fantastic! Ggod job you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous day! The quilt looks wonderful - I'm off to find out more about it as I've somehow missed it up 'til now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt. Love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok so on Sunday you got to fondle fabric, sew stuff, caught up with people dear to you, ate yummy food, (that you didn’t have to cook!)and finished a quilt? That sounds like the most perfect of days to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!