Tuesday 7 June 2011

Cogitating......

It is a very cold, wet and windy day on the Peninsula today so what's a girl to do except surround herself in fabric and cogitate about the possibilities.  I say possibilities because I'm trying to be more disciplined and only start another project when another one is finished - it's VERY difficult!!

Last week, I popped into Spotlight to find a green solid for a sampler quilt.  Whilst there, and despite my agreement with myself to not purchase any more fabric 'til I'd reduced the stash a bit, I couldn't resist some sale yardage (the best laid plans and all that):



A mixed bunch to be sure, but most go with other fabrics I already have, and a couple I've bought to start creating items for my market stall....I can already see them sitting beautifully on the 'counter' all zipped and stitched and ready for sale..............

....................and despite me thinking I wasn't at all that caught up in the 'Picnics and Fairgrounds' range that's sweeping the blogs - when faced with them in the flesh, I had to have a couple.......


This is the second time I've bought fabric in this colour palette - not usually my style (I prefer scrappy multi-colours) but I think my bff is influencing my choices.

So, now off to light the fire and get out the double wedding ring (DWR) quilt to continue hand quilting, but then again, might connect the sewing machine and start using some of the above.......

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I want that Picnic and Fairground fabric, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!